Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much should I be expecting to dose with a mostly softies and lps tank , right now I’m dosing 30 ml Red Sea Alk and 9ml of Red Sea calcium
Does this seem like crazy numbers I thought they would demo ish around the same rate as another

wculver

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much should I be expecting to dose with a mostly softies and lps tank , right now I’m dosing 30 ml Red Sea Alk and 9ml of Red Sea calcium
Does this seem like crazy numbers I thought they would demo ish around the same rate as another
It is more a function of how many coral you have and how healthy they are. I have a mixed reef and a clam so between them I'm at around 90mL a day so for sure the numbers you are looking at are not crazy.

The key is to make sure and test regularly and try to keep the numbers as stable as possible.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Lavey29

7500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does red sea 2 part dosing have different ratios for alk and cal? That is a big variation in your doses. I use bionic and dose 27ml of alk and cal daily. Those 2 parameters should be 1 to 1 ratio unless red sea specifies different. Occasionally one is dosed slightly higher or lower then the other but mostly they are dosed evenly with 2 part dosing because they get consumed evenly to in a balanced tank.

OP
OP
saltlife97

saltlife97

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how big of a tank?

And what number are you trying to maintain?
Tank is 110gal and lots of soft corals ,trying to maintain 9/10dkh Alk and 450 ppm calcium

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 20

Koh23

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soft corals dont take much ca......

If anything..yes, proper amount is needed, but.....

I have 500l with softies, few euphilias, and overall consumption is very low, wc once per month and ca is always above 400, kh drop from 8 to 6, so now ill start to dose, i will see how much, but i guess it will be minimal amounts...

Or maybe test kit is wrong :)

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
saltlife97

saltlife97

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have 500l with softies, few euphilias, and overall consumption is very low, wc once per month and ca is always above 400, kh drop from 8 to 6, so now ill start to dose, i will see how much, but i guess it will be minimal amounts...

Do you think running the Red Sea reef Matt 500 and there skimmer together takes out traces in the water ?

OP
OP
saltlife97

saltlife97

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

And oh god if the test kits wrong it’s been like this for way too long lol but everything looks healthy so only reason I ask is due to knowing normally your closer to same amount dosing two part

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Back