Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a 75 gallon long reef tank .
I have
Xenia
Hammer
Florida mushroom
Finger leather
Chalice
Blueberry stylo
2 black clowns
3 pj cardinal
1 yellow watchman goby
1 bristle nose tang
A tiger conch
4 turbo snails and a handful of blue leg hermits
My nitrate are 15
My phosphates are almost zero
My KH is 9
My calcium is 380
My mag is 1440
My PH is 8.3
I think I need more calcium so I dosed once with reef complete no change
Everything in the tank looks amazing, coral all look extremely happy ,aside from a small algae bloom that is almost done it appears great. What do you guys suggest ? Should I just do small water changes for now or should I start dosing regularly? And with what ? Thanks so much in advance for any advice

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

unchaotic

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless the stylo or the hammer are large and growing fast you probably don't have a ton of daily consumption to worry about. I'd be inclined to dose considering it's only the one parameter that is just a touch on the low side. Keep dosing a small amount for the calcium every day or two and slowly bring it up to around 420.

Once you have that where you want it and if everything else still looks good you can see if your regular water changes can maintain parameters. Otherwise, you could look into dosing a two-part or kalkwasser (should be able to handle that coral load) or maybe something like All For Reef to maintain everything.

What are you using to test Phosphates and how close to zero are they?

OP
OP
B

Barb0713

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless the stylo or the hammer are large and growing fast you probably don't have a ton of daily consumption to worry about. I'd be inclined to dose considering it's only the one parameter that is just a touch on the low side. Keep dosing a small amount for the calcium every day or two and slowly bring it up to around 420.

Once you have that where you want it and if everything else still looks good you can see if your regular water changes can maintain parameters. Otherwise, you could look into dosing a two-part or kalkwasser (should be able to handle that coral load) or maybe something like All For Reef to maintain everything.

What are you using to test Phosphates and how close to zero are they?
Thanks , yeah I just spoke with my coral. Guy. He said the same thing. Everything is looking as close to perfect as I could ask. Just don’t wanna mess it up now lol. I’ve decided to go the water change route , maybe adding a l little calcium. Until my tank tells me otherwise. Right now everything seems to be living its best life.
unfortunately , the only thing I have to test phosphates with at the moment is an API test , ( I know it’s trash. But I can see if it’s staying consistent. Which it is. It not completely clear to be zero. But not dark enough to be the first color , which I think is .25 ppm. So, I’m guessing (lol. Not good in this game ) somewhere around .10 ppm. Whatever it is. The coral are living it. I have some test kits for some things better than others. Working on it. But I’m happy to be finding consistency for the most part.
thanks

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tropic Marin USA
Back