+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone dosing kalk into their skimmer?

I'm just dripping it into the sump right now, with minimal issues (end of tubing will clog every couple months or so if I forget to clean it).

There is a port on my reef octopus skimmer inlet (i'm guessing it's for ozone or calcium reactor), would it be feasible to dose kalk through this?

Someshmuk

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't put kalk in your skimmer inlet unless you wanna have to remove the calcium buildup from inside your skimmer vs where you have it now. The buildup comes from exposure to the air and tank water. The way i got around having to remove calcium buildup was hooking it in line with my RO fill line. The RO purges the kalk from the line so theres never enough of it to build up in the tube and clog it.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
P

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't put kalk in your skimmer inlet unless you wanna have to remove the calcium buildup from inside your skimmer vs where you have it now. The buildup comes from exposure to the air and tank water. The way i got around having to remove calcium buildup was hooking it in line with my RO fill line. The RO purges the kalk from the line so theres never enough of it to build up in the tube and clog it.
So your kalk and ato go to "t" type fitting and then outlet is one single line? If what I'm picturing is correct.

a fitting like this?
1667925692494.png

Someshmuk

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So your kalk and ato go to "t" type fitting and then outlet is one single line? If what I'm picturing is correct.

a fitting like this?
View attachment 2892130
Yeah exactly like that. You put ro and kalk feed lines in on the right, and have the output on a drip line to your sump.

Avast
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Chemi-pure.com - All-In-One Aquarium Filtration
Back