Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to program an Apex alert when the volume remaining in the dosing container is low?
Or do I have to keep manually checking these DOS configurations every so often?

Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 10.55.30 AM.png.png

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to program an Apex alert when the volume remaining in the dosing container is low?
Or do I have to keep manually checking these DOS configurations every so often?

View attachment 3089851
If you’re using a dose with a DDR the DDR has optical sensors that can be programmed to trigger an alarm when low

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or with that being said, whatever container you are using, can be modified to incorporate either a float sensor or an optical sensor that also can be connected to the Apex and trigger an alarm with the right coding

OP
OP
ReefKeeperElite

ReefKeeperElite

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or with that being said, whatever container you are using, can be modified to incorporate either a float sensor or an optical sensor that also can be connected to the Apex and trigger an alarm with the right coding
I use these 5000ml jugs, and I'd rather not drop a sensor in there due to chance of contamination, and I'd prefer to keep the caps on loosely. Just seems like the configuration above could be read and an alert created. But maybe Neptune wants people to buy their DDR product.

Screen Shot 2023-03-31 at 11.12.56 AM.png

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use these 5000ml jugs, and I'd rather not drop a sensor in there due to chance of contamination, and I'd prefer to keep the caps on loosely. Just seems like the configuration above could be read and an alert created. But maybe Neptune wants people to buy their DDR product.

View attachment 3089869
Hmmm not sure how a new sensor could contaminate the fluid but I understand . The issue I see is that the value you are looking at is just an inferred value not an actual and if you think your dosing pump doses exactly what it’s being told then you’ll be surprised because it’s not and I have a feeling that this may affect your readings you were gonna run into trouble eventually

OP
OP
ReefKeeperElite

ReefKeeperElite

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least with an actual sensor it will set an alarm when it’s actually low. Not when it’s thinks it has dosed the amount that you told it to.
Good points, thanks. I'll look into the sensor solution like you do. I'll just have to make sure they are really clean when I drop them in.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good points, thanks. I'll look into the sensor solution like you do. I'll just have to make sure they are really clean when I drop them in.
I truly think you’re over, thinking the whole contamination thing from a new clean sensor being put into a bottle

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Bulk Reef Supply
Back