Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So lost one a few weeks ago. Redid the lid on my tank and thought I made it escape proof but no, new fish managed to find the smallest gap where the overflow pipes come in and went floor surfing! Was doing a good job sifting the sand since my conch just spends its time hiding under the sand.

Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So lost one a few weeks ago. Redid the lid on my tank and thought I made it escape proof but no, new fish managed to find the smallest gap where the overflow pipes come in and went floor surfing! Was doing a good job sifting the sand since my conch just spends its time hiding under the sand.
I, unfortunately, have the same, exact experience with blue spotted jawfish.
Barack Obama Yes GIF by Obama

Nutramar Foods

Bennett_Reefing

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went through 4 (facepalm)
Same the first one jumped and I couldn't find it. then I sealed the lid thought a few cracks wouldn't matter but no #2 down. #3 jumped and hit the lid over and he got out. #4 was a baby and stressed when I got him sadly passed the next day.

Top Shelf Aquatics

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish and starfish lover!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly I lost one when I was away even though I had a perfect fitting lid. I had almost crashed my entire tank with NOPOX and then I went on vacation and in order to get the UV sterilizer to fit I had to remove the lid a little bit and he took the opportunity to jump out. The person taking care of my tank didn’t even notice him all dried up on the floor when I came back!:(

tsharpe129

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly I lost one when I was away even though I had a perfect fitting lid. I had almost crashed my entire tank with NOPOX and then I went on vacation and in order to get the UV sterilizer to fit I had to remove the lid a little bit and he took the opportunity to jump out. The person taking care of my tank didn’t even notice him all dried up on the floor when I came back!:(
Just curious, what was the situation with nopox?

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Same the first one jumped and I couldn't find it. then I sealed the lid thought a few cracks wouldn't matter but no #2 down. #3 jumped and hit the lid over and he got out. #4 was a baby and stressed when I got him sadly passed the next day.
Lol here’s to the 1000s diamond gobies that are in the bowl

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish and starfish lover!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious, what was the situation with nopox?
I accidentally overdosed NOPOX in my 20 gallon tank with my skimmer off because it was full and I forgot about it…this created a giant bacterial bloom and depleted the oxygen from the water. Most of my fish, corals, and starfish survived but I lost my shrimp and urchin.

BRS
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Champion Lighting & Supply
Back