Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have (had now maybe) a large patch of GSP that was spreading on back wall of tank, for about a week now it hasn't been extending it's polyps and when I came home from work today I went to investigate it. Lately one of my Domino Damsels has been staying close to it.

Are these eggs? If so, once they are gone is the GSP toast, or will it come back? I assume as long as it's still attached that it has a chance to keep growing?

IMG_20230404_181610798.jpg

World Wide Corals

KING KONG

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have (had now maybe) a large patch of GSP that was spreading on back wall of tank, for about a week now it hasn't been extending it's polyps and when I came home from work today I went to investigate it. Lately one of my Domino Damsels has been staying close to it.

Are these eggs? If so, once they are gone is the GSP toast, or will it come back? I assume as long as it's still attached that it has a chance to keep growing?

View attachment 3096290
[HASH=1]#reefsquad[/HASH]

ISpeakForTheSeas

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not an expert on the corals, so I don't know if your GSP will survive. That said, if those are Domino Damsel eggs (I can't find any pics to compare against, so I don't know for sure if they are), then they'll likely lay every two weeks - and, I'd guess that like most damsels, they'll probably lay in the same spot. So, if your GSP survives, there's a good chance it will be harassed like this regularly.

For anyone who's curious, the link below has info on breeding these guys and rearing the young:

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Biota Marine Life
Back