Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a dog face puffer fish and a Niger trigger fish in my tank.I am getting a bulk order of periwinkles and small nerite snails and some smaller things like that? I was wondering if I put them all in the tank, will the pufferfish overeat? Should I spread these snails and clams and crabs out between other tanks or will it be OK to put them all in with the 2 fish?

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
simplysyran

simplysyran

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's kind of like asking if you put several pies in front of a human, will they overeat; some will, I will say most won't. The niger will likely also enjoy those.
Thank you for your response. I guess I should have worded that differently. What I meant was, do you think he would overeat to his detriment. I have a friend who's lion fish overate to the point that it affected his swim bladder.I wouldn't want that to happen to Guido. I'm sure the Niger is going to enjoy them as well.I know he too needs crunchy foods for his teeth.That's why I ordered as many as I did. So I could just put them in and hopefully. They will reproduce and keep a steady food supply.I am also feeding shrimp and silver sides for the bones, Both fish are still fairly small however. That's why I bought the smaller snails and such.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Chemi-pure.com - All-In-One Aquarium Filtration
Back