Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have red cyano that is not at crazy levels - currently just tries to proliferate between the glass and sand which looks ugly af but not terrible.

During my weekly water changes I use a baster to siphon out as much as I can, but it’s never enough and always comes right back to where it was.

It started when I let phosphates get out of whack which is now corrected. Nitrates are around 15ppm and phos is 0.03ish ppm.

Is there an end in sight or do I need to take a different approach than siphoning? Limiting nutrients any further is out of question - nutrients are gonna be where they gonna be from here :)

Nutramar Foods

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Consider either redirecting your flow, or adding more flow. Anything you can do to aim it at the area where you are getting cyano will help.

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve battled this off and on for the last several years. It’s been told to me that it’s reflection of the aquariums lights off the glass and down into the sand bed and the fact that there is no flow through the front of the sand against the glass. Always just comes and goes for me.

Corals.com
OP
OP
JayFish4004

JayFish4004

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve battled this off and on for the last several years. It’s been told to me that it’s reflection of the aquariums lights off the glass and down into the sand bed and the fact that there is no flow through the front of the sand against the glass. Always just comes and goes for me.
Part of me almost wonders if I should let it go but I also just went through a minicrash so keeping experimentation to a minimum haha

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Part of me almost wonders if I should let it go but I also just went through a minicrash so keeping experimentation to a minimum haha

Unless it’s creeping up onto the sand, don’t do a thing.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Deltec

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Legendary
Back