Does Sodium Bicarbonate & AFR expire if made in bulk?

Ziggy17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just what the title says. Wondering if I make 10L of Alk solution and 5L of the AFR, would it last in the dosing containers for a few months?

Apologies if this has been asked and answered.

Cheers

Zig.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just what the title says. Wondering if I make 10L of Alk solution and 5L of the AFR, would it last in the dosing containers for a few months?

Apologies if this has been asked and answered.

Cheers

Zig.

I can speak to my experience with All For Reef. I mix up 2 1800 ml batches at a time then put those in my gallon dosing container. Lasts me about 3 months. No issues.

OP
OP
Ziggy17

Ziggy17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. Appreciate the responses.

I have to leave the tank for 9 weeks so I’m trying to make it as automated as possible for my wife . With her blessing and recommendations (key word) I purchased a reefmat and a dosing pump. Woohoo!

I just wanted to make sure they will both be stable for the duration I’m gone. I only dose 30ml of ALK and 15 ml of AFR daily.

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AFR will be good for a very long time, just keep it somewhere dark helps a lot. I had some AFR that had what looked like wet lint from the close dryer floating around. I called Lou from TM and he said it's a know issue and nothing to fear. It's still good and they're working on it. It just sucks if it gets into a dosing line and plugs it :/ but It happens more so in the already made bottles then the powder you make your own, but otherwise just keep it away from bright light and it's fine.

OP
OP
Ziggy17

Ziggy17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AFR will be good for a very long time, just keep it somewhere dark helps a lot. I had some AFR that had what looked like wet lint from the close dryer floating around. I called Lou from TM and he said it's a know issue and nothing to fear. It's still good and they're working on it. It just sucks if it gets into a dosing line and plugs it :/ but It happens more so in the already made bottles then the powder you make your own, but otherwise just keep it away from bright light and it's fine.
I have the same issue of debris floating when I make 1L at a time as well. I’m glad to know it’s not a concern. I’ve been throwing the remaining out when it gets to that stage. I guess I don’t need to to.

Appreciate that info.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back