Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am shocked. I have had my clown for almost a year now. I had a pair about 10-11 months ago, and they got ich and the larger one died. I freshwater dipped the smaller one and the clown pulled through, and grew a lot. I then 5-6 months later got a Black Ice Clown (about half her size). No issues. Looks fine now. Over the last month or so there has been a bit more aggression from the female to the newer male. But nothing too crazy. The small clown just has a bit of nipped fins, and they get along for the most part. The clown started hosting my Sherman RBTA about a month ago, and has looked fine ever since. BUT I noticed white spots on the clown. There are maybe like 7 - 9 total on the clown. Is this stings from the anemone as it is still getting used to it? Or brook/ich? My firefish, and other clown seem to not have anything on them, and they have been established for a long time. The only thing about the clown is that it had a bunch of scars on its head (no cuts or anything though). But they seem to not affect the clown, and I believe it got them from rubbing when it had ich. But the scars have been there ever since I can remember, and I do not think they played a role? My clown likes to dig its head in the anemone now that I think about it. So are these head scars an issue? (I'm just pretty worried rn)

I do have a small QT tank, but I really do not want to transfer the clown, and overly stress it. I also can FW dip, but I am worried about the stress.
I have Seachem stressguard, and Metroplex. Should I soak the food in metroplex as well as dose some in my display tank?
Hopefully I did not leave out any crucial info. I am writing this in a hurry.

I will share the pictures of the clownfish in a follow up post from my phone since it will not let me upload the pictures from my computer for some reason.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Cantusaurus

Cantusaurus

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C47C6480-F073-46A4-863F-F2A0A2722660.jpeg
E7F1C873-C357-4B6F-8282-DEC0C2DE2632.jpeg
30300D88-6B42-4D37-A407-F5FD49C52AF0.jpeg

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AquaCave Logo Banner
Back