Does anyone one know why my pygmy hawk is dying?

Nutramar

LukeSivyer45

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Now I know this is a really broad thing as it could be anything but after having this pygmy hawk since October, 2 days ago he stopped eating and now he is really struggling and on his way out, does anyone know what the reason could be or are there too many variables? I did buy him at adult size so maybe it could be “old age” but I don’t think many fish we keep die because of that

BRS

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
View attachment 3165914
Now I know this is a really broad thing as it could be anything but after having this pygmy hawk since October, 2 days ago he stopped eating and now he is really struggling and on his way out, does anyone know what the reason could be or are there too many variables? I did buy him at adult size so maybe it could be “old age” but I don’t think many fish we keep die because of that

Hi, did I see in the other thread that you ended up euthanizing this fish? Sorry!

Really too many variables to say why it died, but it most likely was not old age. You do want to go into "damage control mode" and keep a close eye on the other aquarium inhabitants to ensure that it isn't something that might involve other animals in the tank.

Jay

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

A Reef Creation
Back