+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,
I have just acquired a new R.O. system and the water pressure is not enough to go thru it.

Here in Brazil the proper R.O. pumps are very expensive, I was wonder if could use those motorhome ones, as long as they deliver the same or even higher pressures, the price difference is huge.

They deliver 80psi in 12v, so I think is enough for an 100gpd setup. The only problem would be adapting converters to the tubing, since those use bigger hoses with clamping locks.

What should be the technical parameters to decide the best bang-for-bucks choice?

Thank you.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Paulo88

Paulo88

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 12v pump would require a converter. What is your residential electrical voltage?
Here is 120V, but I have those "all purpose converters" that reach 12V. So I do not think it will be a big issue.
I have also found a similar one that comes bundled with a converter.

OP
OP
Paulo88

Paulo88

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @The Farmer ,
Just one more question. I have asked the vendor of the irrigation pump about advice in filtering applications, and he claims that this pump is not optimal for R.O. due to the pulsating pressure. Other guy was complaining it has too much vibration, that is transferred to the tubes (and the non replaceble in/outlets of 10mm, which requires adaptation work).
Does it really affects the filtering? I first thought there were not much mistery involved in this kind of filtration.

The reason I am insisting in this alternative is because the price difference is huge, almost 5 times.

AquaCave Logo Banner
AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
www.Riptideaquaculture.com
Back