Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just added a yellow coris wrasse to my tank and can’t find it anywhere all I have in the tank is 2 clowns, cleaner shrimp, one lawnmower blenny.
Yes they can hide. They are sand sleepers. They can stay hidden for a few days after adding them. Observe the tank just after lights out you may see them more active. It does take time to adjust to our light schedule

DiloHunter

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Many wrasses bury themselves in the sand. My dad had a red coris wrasse and it liked to hide in the substrate. I got a yellow coris last 8 days ago and it still hides. It should be fine as long as you have a sandy bottom rather than crushed coral.

World Wide Corals
World Wide Corals
OP
OP
G

Gabe aqua

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they can hide. They are sand sleepers. They can stay hidden for a few days after adding them. Observe the tank just after lights out you may see them more active. It does take time to adjust to our light schedule
Yes. Many wrasses bury themselves in the sand. My dad had a red coris wrasse and it liked to hide in the substrate. I got a yellow coris last 8 days ago and it still hides. It should be fine as long as you have a sandy bottom rather than crushed coral.
Extremely common. I had a yellow coris wrasse hide for an entire week under the sand after being added to the display.
Just went through this a couple of weeks ago. Added the fish and poof. Gone. Couple days later it came out and now during lights on its everywhere in the tank.

Had a royal gramma do the same thing.
What about eating how do they eat do they just starve for the one week?

Nutramar Foods
AquaCave Logo Banner

Hitchhik3r

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a yellow coris wrasse today and like many people in this thread, it darted into the sand. I normally siphon my sand during water changes. Should I avoid this now? I don't know where in the sand he is to know where to avoid.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a yellow coris wrasse today and like many people in this thread, it darted into the sand. I normally siphon my sand during water changes. Should I avoid this now? I don't know where in the sand he is to know where to avoid.
Avoid

Lavey29

7500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As he settles in he will only sand sleep overnight during lights out. So cleaning your tank in the daytime won't be an issue. Mine is out swimming while I siphon the tank during the daylight.

AquaCave Logo Banner
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Precise.Accurate.Reliable.ICP-OES by Reef Labs
Back