Do picasso triggerfishes pick on rose bubble tip anemones?

BRS

Makubex

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also how long does it take for a rose bubble tip to become comfortable and open up visibly on top of the rocks? Its been 3 days now and theyre closed up, I dont know if my 3.8" picasso is picking on them as theyre both very very hidden in spots where he cant get them, temp is 74.1f. Theres a full sprectum lights and a powerhead ammonia is .2, salinity is 1.027

Top Shelf Aquatics

dedragon

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
temp is 74.1f. Theres a full sprectum lights and a powerhead ammonia is .2, salinity is 1.027
They should already be open, either they arent liking the tank parameters or maybe the trigger is picking on them (havent kept a picasso before so unsure there).
Temperature is too low, if the tank is passed cycling testing ammonia isnt really gonna help you and can confuse you with false readings, salinity is also a tad high but usually if kept constant it is fine. I would up temperature to at least 76-77 and add rodi water to start bringing down the salinity to 1.026.
What lights are you using and what size tank (dimensions)? Are you using rodi water for the tank or tap and conditioner?

OP
OP
M

Makubex

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They should already be open, either they arent liking the tank parameters or maybe the trigger is picking on them (havent kept a picasso before so unsure there).
Temperature is too low, if the tank is passed cycling testing ammonia isnt really gonna help you and can confuse you with false readings, salinity is also a tad high but usually if kept constant it is fine. I would up temperature to at least 76-77 and add rodi water to start bringing down the salinity to 1.026.
What lights are you using and what size tank (dimensions)? Are you using rodi water for the tank or tap and conditioner?
55 gallon tank 48"x12"x21"theyre full spectrum led lights that i used for softies before

Nutramar Foods

dedragon

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
55 gallon tank, theyre full spectrum led lights that i used for softies before
What is the name of the lights? Soft corals can handle low light while anemones usually need a stronger light, will depend on the tank height and width as well as how powerful the light is

OP
OP
M

Makubex

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the name of the lights? Soft corals can handle low light while anemones usually need a stronger light, will depend on the tank height and width as well as how powerful the light is
It grew birds nests and montiporas as well as frogspawn and few aiptasias

dedragon

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It grew birds nests and montiporas as well as frogspawn and few aiptasias
Could have been due to how close they were to the light, but unsure without knowing the light. What is the name of the light? It will help to know what it is
Are you using rodi water?
What are the rest of the water parameters as well? Most important would be temp, salinity, nitrate, phosphate, calcium, and alkalinity.

Nutramar Foods
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Premium Algae Scrubbers from Turbo's Aquatics!
Back