Do I need to recalibrate my trident every time I change my reagents?

AI Nero 5

Leon Gorani

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure this has been asked before but I wasn't sure. I always run out of trident calibration fluid since I usually calibrate my trident every time I replace any of the reagents. My calcium and magnesium are empty but my alk is at 50%. Should I replace my calcium and magnesium and wait to calibrate my trident when my alk runs out or should I do it now? what's the best way? and is it okay to not recalibrate every time I need to replace a reagent? thanks

AquaCave Logo Banner

Labridaedicted

Wrassetastic
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure this has been asked before but I wasn't sure. I always run out of trident calibration fluid since I usually calibrate my trident every time I replace any of the reagents. My calcium and magnesium are empty but my alk is at 50%. Should I replace my calcium and magnesium and wait to calibrate my trident when my alk runs out or should I do it now? what's the best way? and is it okay to not recalibrate every time I need to replace a reagent? thanks
Typically you should be ok doing it with each new box. Personally I only calibrate mine like every 6 months.

Gatorpa

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Typically I do it every two months. When I get a new box of reagents with a cal solution.

been looking at other cal solution options.
Going to try ABC reagents just haven’t got around to ordering.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back