Dispar Anthias QT Tips

Travi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey everyone!

This is our first go around with Anthias and looking for any tips anyone might have, specifically on Dispars.

They're currently in QT on day 6 and seem to be healthy and getting along with each other well (all females). They school together but are still super skittish and will all hide if they see me, so I try to "sneak" in and feed them lol. Speaking of feeding, they had zero interest in flakes, pellets, or frozen mysis. I was overfeeding and compensating by frequent water changes just to offer them as many options as possible. I finally had some success with a frozen copepod mix that they seem to be happy with.

My main concerns are just understanding their behavior and overall skittishness, especially for when I do introduce them to the DT and making sure they're fully acclimated to their diet. I usually feed my DT frozen mysis and flakes, so I'd love to transition them to that but also happy incorporating another food if that's best for the anthias.

Thanks in advance!

Dburr1014

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!

This is our first go around with Anthias and looking for any tips anyone might have, specifically on Dispars.

They're currently in QT on day 6 and seem to be healthy and getting along with each other well (all females). They school together but are still super skittish and will all hide if they see me, so I try to "sneak" in and feed them lol. Speaking of feeding, they had zero interest in flakes, pellets, or frozen mysis. I was overfeeding and compensating by frequent water changes just to offer them as many options as possible. I finally had some success with a frozen copepod mix that they seem to be happy with.

My main concerns are just understanding their behavior and overall skittishness, especially for when I do introduce them to the DT and making sure they're fully acclimated to their diet. I usually feed my DT frozen mysis and flakes, so I'd love to transition them to that but also happy incorporating another food if that's best for the anthias.

Thanks in advance!
Where did you get them from?

Good luck.

Do watch for uronema. Glad you found something for them to eat. My limited experience is they get bolder in a more natural environment.

OP
OP
Travi

Travi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Where did you get them from?

Good luck.

Do watch for uronema. Glad you found something for them to eat. My limited experience is they get bolder in a more natural environment.
We got them from our LFS.

I'm not familiar with uronema, but I'm going to definitely do some research!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back