Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a nice colony of paly's about a week ago, they are gold centres with green and gold stripes.

When I bought them home I dipped them like I dip all my zoas, in freshwater for 5 minutes with 2 drops of iodine per gallon of water, after I put them in tank that night they started excreting stringy material from their mouths and stay closed for 5 or so days.

Then are just starting to open up fully now but look a bit bleached and stressed out, a bit of a mess really, I think it will take then a good fews weeks to recover

Should you not dip palys? ive just read they are extra sensitive?

Top Shelf Aquatics

pookstreet

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also dip in a much stronger solution, about 5 drops in a quart of RODI water. I have let them sit anywhere from 2 to 6 minutes. So far, have not had any problems with any zoas or palys, regardless of size or color morphs.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't do FW dips on palys cause I have had the same issue, I think the saltwater dip with a strong dose of Iodine works really well and the high Iodine will kill most stuff like pest. One thing I have noticed when using the FW dip is if the polyps happen to be open a little bit they usually get stressed out more and have a higher rate of death. I usually make sure in FW dip situations that the polyps are fully closed, then they are less likly to have issues to the FW dip cause the outer tissue can take it, while if they are open a bit there is a chance they might take in the freshwater and that is no good......Just my opinion though.

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shame on all of you (except Ugly). You guys posted all this great information on here but not even a peep on the zoa dip Spotlight thread I put together. If you guys have time could you echo your comments on there aswell. Or I'll just copy all your comments over the weekend.

http://www.club-zoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1248

Thanks

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

SR
Back