Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please see attached pictures. My tank is a little under a year old. My cheato stripped my tank to 0 phos 0 nit and boom dinoflagellates. I am dosing nit and phos and have them at around 3ppm nit and .03 ppm phos. Manuals removed the binos and put my uv sterilizer in the tank at a slow gpm. My question is can anyone I'd this dino. The only thing that was really noticeable was how much they spun around when looking at them in a microscope. Any help would be great.

20230504_200650.jpg 20230504_200636.jpg 20230423_160910.jpg

Attachments

• 20230504_200405.mp4
    24.2 MB
Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
G

Gregpetro

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incase anyone is following this thread I wanted to give an update. After raising my nitrates and phosphate to a detectable level nit 5ppm phos .036 I began running a uv in my tank for about 2 weeks. My tank is a 20g IM aio with about 13.5 gallons of actual water in it. I put the uv in the tank its the IM 11w model with the pump set to its slowest setting. Ran it just like that with a reduced lighting cycle and I would say knocked back the dinoflagellates about 75% and just held them there. Then I noticed what I think was a different type of dinoflagellates or creeping up. The problem seemed to stay steady unless I killed the lights or manually removed it. My buddy had used dr tims dino method in the past and turned me onto it. I am currently in the last day of the 3 day black out period while dosing Dr tims refresh. Tomorrow I will be turning the lights back on and starting the 7 days of dosing waste away. I have to say at this point the tank has never looked this clean when I peek in the tank to dose the re fresh. I'll let you guys know how it turns out once it's finished. I'll post a picture tomorrow when I take off the covering. One thing to note I do still run the us I just turn it off for 12 hours post dosing.

Deltec

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Premium Algae Scrubbers from Turbo's Aquatics!
Back