Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am experiencing a bit of a dino problem on my sand bed. I have experienced dinos before but this time they are not nearly as bad as they were, previously they took over all the rocks, sand and basically the whole tank. Now they are back but only in patches on the sand bed. I have had detectable nitrates and phosphates for months so i know that isn’t the issue. Until i figure out how to get rid of the dinos once and for all i am curious if a diamond goby would help keep the ones on the sand bet at bay. I know they like to sift through the sand and help to keep it turned over and clean but i dont know if this would work with dinos or if the dinos would be harmful to it. So if anyone has any experience with tbis or any thoughts please let me know.

Nutramar Foods

Nanojoe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am experiencing a bit of a dino problem on my sand bed. I have experienced dinos before but this time they are not nearly as bad as they were, previously they took over all the rocks, sand and basically the whole tank. Now they are back but only in patches on the sand bed. I have had detectable nitrates and phosphates for months so i know that isn’t the issue. Until i figure out how to get rid of the dinos once and for all i am curious if a diamond goby would help keep the ones on the sand bet at bay. I know they like to sift through the sand and help to keep it turned over and clean but i dont know if this would work with dinos or if the dinos would be harmful to it. So if anyone has any experience with tbis or any thoughts please let me know.

Someone advised me awhile ago that it would NOT harm a diamond goby. I dealt with the same dinos, large cell amphidinium.

Are you dosing bacteria at all?

OP
OP
S

samrggzy

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone advised me awhile ago that it would NOT harm a diamond goby. I dealt with the same dinos, large cell amphidinium.

Are you dosing bacteria at all?
I am not currently, I installed a 9W UV sterilizer a few days ago to see if that method works. So far no luck but its only been about 4 days and i dont know how long it should take. If that doesn’t work i will try dosing bacteria, has it worked for you?

Nutramar Foods

Nanojoe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not currently, I installed a 9W UV sterilizer a few days ago to see if that method works. So far no luck but its only been about 4 days and i dont know how long it should take. If that doesn’t work i will try dosing bacteria, has it worked for you?
Do you know for sure what dinos you have? Sometimes UV wont help.
Yes, I believe that bacteria dosing has beaten them.

My post on how i beat LCA:

OP
OP
S

samrggzy

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know for sure what dinos you have? Sometimes UV wont help.
Yes, I believe that bacteria dosing has beaten them.

My post on how i beat LCA:
Yea its for sure dinos, I have had them
before.

Nanojoe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea its for sure dinos, I have had them
before.

Dr Tims eco balance
Microbacter clean
Microbacter 7
with some elevated nitrates around 20 i believe this killed off my dinos. i was also still doing water changes and aggressive sand siphoning. Not sure if it actually removed any of the LCA, but its what i did.

Corals.com
OP
OP
S

samrggzy

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dr Tims eco balance
Microbacter clean
Microbacter 7
with some elevated nitrates around 20 i believe this killed off my dinos. i was also still doing water changes and aggressive sand siphoning. Not sure if it actually removed any of the LCA, but its what i did.
and that method worked well for you?

Nutramar Foods

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
diamonds wont deal with dinos

tank age, stocking, size and params?

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Coral-vault.com
Back