Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My devils hand leather has been in the tank for a few weeks now and always has these nubs on it, which I’m assuming are half extended polyps from pictures online. However it never fully extends out the polyps at all, and has been in this “half extended” form for a few weeks now. Should I be concerned or just leave it be?
A99F014B-29B7-409C-AF05-0514F703C1A4.jpeg

AquaCave Logo Banner

vpierce3

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They go through periods like that. As long as your water parameters and lighting are good, it should be ok. Check your water flow too. They need moderate flow to clean themselves. If it’s down-flow from that toadstool, it might be irritated by toxins released from that guy. Perhaps run some fresh activated carbon.

OP
OP
D

derpychicken777

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They go through periods like that. As long as your water parameters and lighting are good, it should be ok. Check your water flow too. They need moderate flow to clean themselves. If it’s down-flow from that toadstool, it might be irritated by toxins released from that guy. Perhaps run some fresh activated carbon.
I run plenty of activated carbon in this tank. It used to be in a spot that was blasting it with flow so I've moved it to a slightly lower flow spot which is upflow from the toadstool, but it looks exactly the same in both spots. Maybe it was slightly more extended when it was being blasted. Still not quite sure what could be making it ticked.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Bulk Reef Supply
Back