Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this Devil’s Hand for about a month and it won’t completely open. It was completely open at the LFS. I have it placed near the bottom in a medium to low flow area as suggested. Any thoughts?

B6E023E6-5A17-4354-86CC-4BBA275AD2F6.jpeg

AS

minus9

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You might get a better response in the softie forum, but in the meantime, your tank looks really fresh/new? Lobophytums can take a wide range of flow/lighting conditions. I can probably ask you a million questions, but maybe tell us a little more about the tank? The only parameters that I really pay attention to early on are salinity, temp, alk, N & P. Do you have any fish? Maybe the mods can move this to the proper forum to get more eyes on it? [USERGROUP=61]@ReefSquad[/USERGROUP]

OP
OP
ccoakley

ccoakley

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might get a better response in the softie forum, but in the meantime, your tank looks really fresh/new? Lobophytums can take a wide range of flow/lighting conditions. I can probably ask you a million questions, but maybe tell us a little more about the tank? The only parameters that I really pay attention to early on are salinity, temp, alk, N & P. Do you have any fish? Maybe the mods can move this to the proper forum to get more eyes on it? [USERGROUP=61]@ReefSquad[/USERGROUP]
Thank you; my bad for not posting in the softy area. It’s a 90 gallon that’s been up around 3mo. The parameters are; salinity - just under 1.025, phosphate - 0.25ppm, Nitrate - 20ppm, and calcium - 420ppm. That’s all I can test for. There are fish, pink tailed trigger, two clowns, two azure damsels, a Tailspot Blenny, and a cleaner shrimp; all fish are happy and healthy. I also have some toadstool coral, along with three bubble tip anemone which all seem very happy and healthy.

AquaCave Logo Banner

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Devils hand can be very finicky at first. They may take weeks to open.

They are happy with lots or not too much flow. They love a bit of food too. Most softies do. Phyto, zoo ankton is good stuff.

Give it time. If it is not black or sloughing too much, it is adjusting.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
TCK Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Legendary
Back