Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to share a couple pics of my pregnant Blue Neon Goby sitting on my Derasa clam. This clam has adjusted very well to my tank and has grown quite a bit since July when I bought her. She moves around quite a bit, turning in different directions but hasn’t moved more than a couple inches from the original spot where I put her. Puts up with the tangs and lawnmower Blenny cleaning her shell and most importantly puts up with the Neon Goby almost constantly perching on her.
The male Neon Goby dug a hole behind a rock in the back and mainly only comes out for feedings if they have eggs. The female is one deadbeat mama because I almost never see her back by their nest unless it’s time to lay another clutch of eggs. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

17123B92-B394-43C3-B332-527227685B6B.jpeg B70B0E53-16E7-43C6-92A9-9BE2086B5CCE.jpeg 14CA5652-5B64-4B2C-8DB1-7490061EA854.jpeg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Brit’s Fish

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a place in Michigan called Tropicorium. Back in the day they had 20+" derasa that hosted clownfish swimming inside and out of the clams siphon. Clams didn't mind them one bit
That’s so cool!! I have not seen the goby try to go inside the clam yet but I wouldn’t put past her someday!

BRS
OP
OP
Brit’s Fish

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Way cool. I had the same many years ago, except mine wasn't pregnant :). It also seems like your Goby is way bigger than mine was.....or the clam is smaller :).

View attachment 3022140
This clam is still relatively young (~4”) but the goby is also fairly large. I have these gobies in a few of my tanks but the pair in this tank is definitely the largest. I really love these fish. They add almost nothing to the bioload, they have a lot of personality and are fairly social (this particular one even cleans me when my hands are in the tank) and they have a job to do. My fish love them and regularly swim up to the clam to get cleaned. :)

minus9

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This clam is still relatively young (~4”) but the goby is also fairly large. I have these gobies in a few of my tanks but the pair in this tank is definitely the largest. I really love these fish. They add almost nothing to the bioload, they have a lot of personality and are fairly social (this particular one even cleans me when my hands are in the tank) and they have a job to do. My fish love them and regularly swim up to the clam to get cleaned. :)
I couldn't agree more. These fish are simply awesome (pick any of the elacatinus) and a must have for me. I would love to get a pair in each system of mine.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

https://www.triton.de/en/
Back