Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this fish had tail rot and fatty liver but yesterday it suddenly look in a more bad shape and started to breath more faster. It also had a Mark on it's head which I don't know from where it got that. Can I do anything to save it as it is not looking good.

Nutramar Foods

threebuoys

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Difficult to see a lot in the video. The mark on the head appears to be an injury. The breathing does appear very rapid. I tried to get a breath count, but I'm not sure how accurate I was. Can you count the number of breaths in 10 or 15 seconds and extrapolate to breaths per minute?

Have you previously treated this fish, if so, what and how?

How long have you had the fish and are other fish in the tank?

OP
OP
KING KONG

KING KONG

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Difficult to see a lot in the video. The mark on the head appears to be an injury. The breathing does appear very rapid. I tried to get a breath count, but I'm not sure how accurate I was. Can you count the number of breaths in 10 or 15 seconds and extrapolate to breaths per minute?

Have you previously treated this fish, if so, what and how?

How long have you had the fish and are other fish in the tank?
I hv this fish from 6 yrs. Aprox 45 breaths per 10 sec. It has fatty liver and fin rot that I got to know by Jay. I had lionfish with it but demsel sometime bully lionfish but lionfish is peaceful for now. Should I move it to another tank for sometime? It is just staying on the upper part of the tank

Top Shelf Aquatics

threebuoys

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hv this fish from 6 yrs. Aprox 45 breaths per 10 sec. It has fatty liver and fin rot that I got to know by Jay. I had lionfish with it but demsel sometime bully lionfish but lionfish is peaceful for now. Should I move it to another tank for sometime? It is just staying on the upper part of the tank
That extrapolates to 225 breaths per minute which is definitely a concern. However, you have had the fish for quite some time. Rapid breathing can be a symptom of velvet. If the tank has been stable, how could velvet have been introduced? Any ideas?

Has the lionfish been present for an extended period? Any aggression from the lionfish towards the damsel? That could lead to the injury on the head and extreme stress can also cause rapid breathing.

OP
OP
KING KONG

KING KONG

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That extrapolates to 225 breaths per minute which is definitely a concern. However, you have had the fish for quite some time. Rapid breathing can be a symptom of velvet. If the tank has been stable, how could velvet have been introduced? Any ideas?

Has the lionfish been present for an extended period? Any aggression from the lionfish towards the damsel? That could lead to the injury on the head and extreme stress can also cause rapid breathing.
Lionfish is there from more than 1 month. Lionfish is peaceful but demsel is actually tries to irritate it by using it tail. I hv seen that it is like itching it's body from rocks so I am trying to move it to qt

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back