Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive done some searching and couldnt find anything about this so i thought id ask before i stock my tank. If there is documentation common out there on this i apologize and will accept google hasnt just gone from the best tobworst search engine its just gone from best to hating me.

Nem gets hosted by your clown pair. Nem dies. You catch/remove in time before it blasts your tank(read thats a thing?)

How do the clowns take it? Do they suffer at all from the detachment? Are they at risk of higher stress levels? Or do they just move on if there is nothing else like it in tank or find another to host if is available in the tank? Will they refuse to host another?

KrisReef

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They go into a period of mourning, suffer deep grief at the loss of their home. Five minutes later they start scouting the tank for another one because they feel safe if they have a place to hide. If they find another nem, they move in and forget the dead one before they go to sleep that evening.
Pretty rough, but they survive the experience.

shakacuz

5000 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They go into a period of mourning, suffer deep grief at the loss of their home. Five minutes later they start scouting the tank for another one because they feel safe if they have a place to hide. If they find another nem, they move in and forget the dead one before they go to sleep that evening.
Pretty rough, but they survive the experience.
the circle of life!

Avast

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Kinetics
Back