Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20G JBJ and made a rookie mistake...I mounted the a surge protector to the inside back of the stand and can barely reach it. When I feed I have to reach in and turn the return pump off to slow down the flow. Does anyone have any recommendations for a return pump that can be controlled via an app?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much every DC return pump that I know of have a feed mode on the controller, unless that is what you mean you mounted where it's hard to reach. You could also use a kasa smart plug so you can turn it off with the app for the smart plug

OP
OP
R

RonnieSimmonz

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much every DC return pump that I know of have a feed mode on the controller, unless that is what you mean you mounted where it's hard to reach. You could also use a kasa smart plug so you can turn it off with the app for the smart plug
The pump I have right now is a low tech pump that came with my AIO. I just didn’t know if there was a pump that had an interface designed for reef tanks or if my only option was a smart plug

CLICK TO VIEW

Dunc

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20G JBJ and made a rookie mistake...I mounted the a surge protector to the inside back of the stand and can barely reach it. When I feed I have to reach in and turn the return pump off to slow down the flow. Does anyone have any recommendations for a return pump that can be controlled via an app?
I get my advice from a few online saltwater gurus :) Mr. Saltwater Tank says to leave your pumps on during feeding. He says the food need to blow around, so a feed button is not necessary. Let them pumps run!

Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I leave my return on while feeding my fish, but I do turn it off while I feed my corals. My pump has a controller to go into feed mode that I mounted on the side of my stand and I still turn it off with my smart powerstrip's app. Of course I use the app to turn off my gyre pumps and protein skimmer while feeding too.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
R

RonnieSimmonz

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I leave my return on while feeding my fish, but I do turn it off while I feed my corals. My pump has a controller to go into feed mode that I mounted on the side of my stand and I still turn it off with my smart powerstrip's app. Of course I use the app to turn off my gyre pumps and protein skimmer while feeding too.
What smart powerstrip do you use? And does it double as a surge protector?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Kasa HS300 and yes it is a surge protector as well. I actually use a lot of their individual smart plugs as well (both for aquarium and non-aquarium devices around the house). I absolutely love their products and after using them for several years they have earned my trust. For around $50 on sale for the powerstrip they're amazing in my opinion.

I have looked into getting a Neptune Apex but the powerstrip does such a great job for me that I'm not sure I'm willing to spend the money on a controller.

Edit: If you are wanting to place it in a specific spot in your cabinet check the dimensions to make sure it'll fit. It's pretty long.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get my advice from a few online saltwater gurus :) Mr. Saltwater Tank says to leave your pumps on during feeding. He says the food need to blow around, so a feed button is not necessary. Let them pumps run!
The food cant blow around if it is sitting in your filter sock or floss.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
R

RonnieSimmonz

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Kasa HS300 and yes it is a surge protector as well. I actually use a lot of their individual smart plugs as well (both for aquarium and non-aquarium devices around the house). I absolutely love their products and after using them for several years they have earned my trust. For around $50 on sale for the powerstrip they're amazing in my opinion.

I have looked into getting a Neptune Apex but the powerstrip does such a great job for me that I'm not sure I'm willing to spend the money on a controller.

Edit: If you are wanting to place it in a specific spot in your cabinet check the dimensions to make sure it'll fit. It's pretty long.
Awesome, 50 dollars is a steal considering my non smart surge protector cost just as much

Dunc

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This what I use.
1617559967263.png

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
https://www.triton.de/en/
Back