DC Return pump recommendation (Reefer 250L)?

AI Nero 5

MadCaddy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having a hard time finding a DC return pump that fits my setup. They all either seem to be too big or too small. Based on tank size I’m trying to find something that puts out 600gph or so. The syncra sdc 3.0 looks like a good option but I don’t necessarily need wifi capability so would rather not pay for it.

Any suggestions I should be looking at?

Corals.com

CasperOe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having a hard time finding a DC return pump that fits my setup. They all either seem to be too big or too small. Based on tank size I’m trying to find something that puts out 600gph or so. The syncra sdc 3.0 looks like a good option but I don’t necessarily need wifi capability so would rather not pay for it.

Any suggestions I should be looking at?
Reef Octopus VarioS 2? Too expensive maybe..

Theres always a Jebao that will fit the need!

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Two Simplicity 1000 Pumps, and Two Simplicity 1600 Pumps, I’m very happy with. I‘m also planning on replacing a Danner Supreme Pump, with another Simplicity before the Summer heat hits. Ten Speeds, Slow Ramp Starts, and Ten Minutes feed off Cycle. 24 Vdc, and no WiFi.

Nutramar Foods

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did this Chart off of Simplicity’s Graph, BTW I think the pumps have a better flow verses lift head than what is advertised. Couldn’t get my Wife to do the Stopwatch Accurately for me when timing the filling of a two gallon jug.
IMG_0355.jpeg

Top Shelf Aquatics

Zero_Cool

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The VarioS pumps are very quiet and controllable if that is important. Going bigger on a DC pump is not necessarily a bad thing as you can run them at lower % which saves wear and tear on the motor and if you want to add a manifold later for reactors and such you don't nees to buy a new pump.

I have been looking at swapping out my Sicce for a VarioS but it is not a high priority right now.

I have seen a few VarioS-4 come across the equipment for sale forum recently. That may be an option that fits your need.

Reign1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think all of the suggestions above are good. I mean any of the DC pumps from Jebo, Simplicity, Octopus Varios, even RE red dragon all are adjustable so if you get one slighly larger then what you wanted you can run at a lower speed and you should also get longer life out of them. Also running 2 smaller pumps for redundancy is considered a better idea.
For example I scooped up a RD gph here on used goods for $100 ..
good luck

Pod_01

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Reefer 250 and I been using Vectra S1 for the past 5 years. One of the benefits with DC is the adjustment and you can run them at 50% etc… I tried AC pumps and they all hum, not the DC. I believe the Syncra SDC is AC pump (with DC type controller) and reading some user experience they still hum. The only AC pump that is super quite with no hum is the Royal Exclusive RedDragon 3 (has DC type controller).

Good luck in your selection.

Top Shelf Aquatics
AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Copepods
Back