Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night I was doing maintenance on my tank. At the end, I was blowing off my rocks and then noticed my coral had bent over. I tried to straighten it and the top broke off. This picture is what it looks like this morning. Is there anything I can do for this little guy?
Thank you!

IMG_3177.jpeg

Nutramar Foods
CLICK TO VIEW

Auto-pilot

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Should I use reef glue to glue the top piece to rock??
Glue doesn't really work with softies. If it's doing good it will eventually grow back to the Rock. I've used rubber bands to encourage this process. I have some big softies and to frag them I usually just take a razor blade chop it apart and attach the frags to a small peices of rubble. Eventually they grow into the rubble and then I glue the small rock to the larger substrate. You can probably do the same if it's not attaching where you want it. You can lightly rubber band a small rock to it's stalk, after it attaches you can glue it wherever you desire.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Ariel'sMom

Ariel'sMom

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Should I use reef glue to glue the top piece to rock??
Glue doesn't really work with softies. If it's doing good it will eventually grow back to the Rock. I've used rubber bands to encourage this process. I have some big softies and to frag them I usually just take a razor blade chop it apart and attach the frags to a small peices of rubble. Eventually they grow into the rubble and then I glue the small rock to the larger substrate. You can probably do the same if it's not attaching where you want it. You can lightly rubber band a small rock to it's stalk, after it attaches you can glue it wherever you desire.
Thanks! I’m going to give it a try!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Hanna
Back