Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do not have sweepers. Their tentacles are very short. They don't probe for fights or anything. Pretty peaceful IMO.

They can throw out mesinterial filaments, little white strings to try to dissolve other neighbors (algae/corals/anything), but right now I have a goniastrea fighting a cyphastrea and the cyphastrea is losing unquestionably.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do not have sweepers. Their tentacles are very short. They don't probe for fights or anything. Pretty peaceful IMO.

They can throw out mesinterial filaments, little white strings to try to dissolve other neighbors (algae/corals/anything), but right now I have a goniastrea fighting a cyphastrea and the cyphastrea is losing unquestionably.
How much space should I keep between it and other corals? Can it bridge a gap if there’s an inch or two between its rock and anything else?

AS

Hermie

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much space should I keep between it and other corals? Can it bridge a gap if there’s an inch or two between its rock and anything else?
The cyphastrea I have, probably could not bridge a 1/4" gap for a long long time, it will instead encrust down into the valley and try to come back up on the other side eventually. I don't know how it does on substrate though. Mine stays on the rock and the goniastrea prevents it from reaching the bottom.

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cyphastrea I have, probably could not bridge a 1/4" gap for a long long time, it will instead encrust down into the valley and try to come back up on the other side eventually. I don't know how it does on substrate though. Mine stays on the rock and the goniastrea prevents it from reaching the bottom.
I can always cut it off the substrate if it gets too big I guess. No sweat

Hermie

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1616977542571.png

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Buckeye
Back