+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

My Cynarina is bailed out with half of the fresh don't attach to the skeleton. I have talked to the guy from the local coral store. The suggestion I got is to try the luck by monitoring her closely and keeping feed her daily. If she is still eating then there is hope. In the past week or two, I have been feeding her everyday with small amount of froze food, it seems she is still intaking some food, but doesn't look like her fresh will re-attach to the skeleton. Anyone has any thought on this? Are there anything else I can try?

My tank is 8 months old. Below is the reading of my water parameters.

Alk 8.4
Calcium 450
Mag 1250
Phosphates 0.1
Ammo 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20
PH 8.2
Temp 79-80

Thanks!

Danni

IMG-1359.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

daniellegui1206

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dose amino acids if you can. There's some research that corals use dissolved amino acids more readily when stressed.
Last week, I started to add Reef Energy AB+ Plus Coral Nutrition every day, which I believe has amino acids. But I will double check when I dose later today. Thanks for the comment!

Nutramar Foods

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh it’s so pretty! It’s hard to say why the coral is unhappy with your parameters as good as they are. Maybe ask the previous owner for a sample of the water it was kept in, then use the same test kits you used on your tank. Also ask what temperature is was kept in. How long have you had the coral?

OP
OP
D

daniellegui1206

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh it’s so pretty! It’s hard to say why the coral is unhappy with your parameters as good as they are. Maybe ask the previous owner for a sample of the water it was kept in, then use the same test kits you used on your tank. Also ask what temperature is was kept in. How long have you had the coral?
Thank you for the comment. I have kept her for about 3 -4 months and she was happy before. All of sudden, everything went south....I read some articles, it seems the fluctuation of alk would cause bailout....previously, I dose alk two times a day, recently changed the frequency to four times - hoping it would help.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Dr. Reefs Quarantined Fish
Back