Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, my first post! I plan to post again asking about a stocking plan, but for now I am wondering if I am OK to add a couple fish at this point. The tank is a 37 gal with CaribSea live sand and LifeRock. I added a bottle of One & Only on day 1. This morning my numbers are 0.25 Ammonia, 2 Nitrite and 10 Nitrate. Full test history is attached. I've been waiting for Nitrites to go to 0, but hasn't happened. Am I cycled enough to add one clown and 1 damsel after doing a 10 gal water change?

water tests.png water tests graph.png

Top Shelf Aquatics

LordofCinder

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you added any ammonia since you started?

It is cycled , you show nitrate so the bacteria is present and doing its job, and will multiply slowly. Personally I don't think any need to do a water change with nitrates only 10. I would add one or two small fish, then wait 3-4 weeks before adding another.

I would suggest that you reconsider your damsel choice, they are extremely territorial, and very good chance it will not allow any new additions after the damsel.

OP
OP
M

maxberter

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you added any ammonia since you started?

It is cycled , you show nitrate so the bacteria is present and doing its job, and will multiply slowly. Personally I don't think any need to do a water change with nitrates only 10. I would add one or two small fish, then wait 3-4 weeks before adding another.

I would suggest that you reconsider your damsel choice, they are extremely territorial, and very good chance it will not allow any new additions after the damsel.
Thanks. Yes, you can see when I added ammonia in the rightmost column.

Is there any other fish that could stand-in as a "Dory" in my size tank? This tank started as a reward for my daughter learning potty training (my wife pictured a goldfish in a bowl when she promised the reward, lol). Anyway I know the tank is too small for a tang. My daughter saw a damselfish in the local store and thought it was Dory, so thought that would work. Maybe a Chromis is close enough...

Nutramar Foods

taricha

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. Your nitrites - NO2 rose and then went down. You are processing ammonia and NO2 to NO3.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Torch SALE
Back