Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about ordering a small clownfish from cultivated reef because it seems to be a lot cheaper than most other sites. Any suggestions or thoughts on cultivated reef?
Great selection, price and service.
We stupidly bought an oscellaris last Xmas season, delivered as soup a week late. They replaced the fish, just had to pay shipping, after the holidays, not obligated to.

dwest

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly recommend them for corals. I never have purchased a fish but wouldn’t hesitate buying anything from them.

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cultivate Reef is local I’ve been there multiple times to pick up corals they are awesome. They don’t have any fish on site those come from a third party. I’ve never gotten a fish through there, however, I would still highly recommend them the third party they use for clowns is also a local company that breeds them.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
jackalexander

jackalexander

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cultivate Reef is local I’ve been there multiple times to pick up corals they are awesome. They don’t have any fish on site those come from a third party. I’ve never gotten a fish through there, however, I would still highly recommend them the third party they use for clowns is also a local company that breeds them.
okay cool thank you so much! just wanted to make sure the fishy would be happy and healthy!

AS

Beau_B

Valuable Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too have been to their place, can confirm they are genuine people. Fish are not on site, but I have seen clowns from the same breeder at another LFS and they are good to go.

RDA

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not ordered from them yet but have my eyes on some clowns and coral from them once my system is more mature. I will be ordering from them at some point and the research I have done seems to point to them being a great source. I wish I had some real life feedback for you, but instead I can only tell you that I would not hesitate to order from them based off of what I have read about them.

As far as clowns, the way I understand it, they all come from Sea & Reef. Which from what I understand is also supposed to be another top notch operation. If you are looking at the Wyoming White Clowns, Sea & Reef supposedly has breeding stock that traces back to the original C-Quest lineage, if that means anything to you.

All that just to say, I wouldn't hesitate to order from them, but don't have any hands on experience.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Chasers Aquaculture
Back