CUC for nano barebottom (baby clownfish)

BRS

Castaway6

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey all, just wondering what you would suggest for a small crew in my 10 gallon tank. Just rocks and mechanical. No sand. 2 baby/teen clownfish.
Thinking maybe just 2 trochus snails.. Any shrimp possibilities? Wouldn't mind another piece to look at but don't want to risk my babies being a nice snack.

TIA

20200902_124221.jpg

CLICK TO VIEW

footgal

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stomatella snails are great and pose no threat to anything, they are the only snails I use and I have 3 bb tanks :). I doubt the regular small hermits would do any damage to your babies. I would use 2 small hermits and maybe 5-10 stomatella. Regular snails work too. I’d use 3 of any type of algae eating snail (my go to are astrea/margarita) and add more if you feel like algae is still a problem. Better to start under cuc and add more rather than have half your cuc starve :)

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Castaway6

Castaway6

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with just 1 or 2 snails, just not sure which ones dont prefer a sandbed. I'm unfamiliar with stomatella snails, but its between those, troch, or astrea as far as bb I assume.
It's a simple tank so I don't need anything crazy, not even hair algae problems. Just whatever they dont eat, and whatever I cant wipe off the glass/bottom. I don't usually prefer hermits, every tank I have ends up with 1 hermit and 1 large snail in the end..though that may be the perfect situation here. Hmm
Is a cleaner shrimp or fire etc an option as far as giving a little something to look at?

footgal

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with just 1 or 2 snails, just not sure which ones dont prefer a sandbed. I'm unfamiliar with stomatella snails, but its between those, troch, or astrea as far as bb I assume.
It's a simple tank so I don't need anything crazy, not even hair algae problems. Just whatever they dont eat, and whatever I cant wipe off the glass/bottom. I don't usually prefer hermits, every tank I have ends up with 1 hermit and 1 large snail in the end..though that may be the perfect situation here. Hmm
Is a cleaner shrimp or fire etc an option as far as giving a little something to look at?
I had a fire shrimp with my very small clowns (>1”) but it was a 20 gallon tank with lots of rock. Everybody has been very happy so far :)

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Castaway6

Castaway6

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AquaCave Logo Banner

scdigby

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never seen them for sale
i don't remember ever seeing them for sale either. i think the reason for this is that when everyone used to sell live rock stomatellas were very common hitchhikers. We used to call them free cuc. lol

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Waterbox Aquariums: The Finest Aquariums
Back