+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

i was looking into some puffer fish. I am aware that it would be a roll of the dice if it comes to corals, inverts will be killed.
Im probably taking the shot to get a valentine puffer, but... what are good cleaners that will be left alone by the puffer? I'm not concerned by algae as i have 2 tangs, but more for the leftovers all around the tank. I do have 2 engineer goby's aswel, but i dont have the feeling they clean all round the tank. They constanly underneath the same rockwork, If i can i might catch them to take them out.
My tank is 95gal

AS

Reef.Blue

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

i was looking into some puffer fish. I am aware that it would be a roll of the dice if it comes to corals, inverts will be killed.
Im probably taking the shot to get a valentine puffer, but... what are good cleaners that will be left alone by the puffer? I'm not concerned by algae as i have 2 tangs, but more for the leftovers all around the tank. I do have 2 engineer goby's aswel, but i dont have the feeling they clean all round the tank. They constanly underneath the same rockwork, If i can i might catch them to take them out.
My tank is 95gal
Some puffers will not eat cleaner shrimp. I would still be careful with cleaner shrimp as puffers can still eat them. I would say cleaner shrimp are your best chance.

Top Shelf Aquatics

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

My tank is 95gal

My puffer is nicknamed "The Snail annihilator." I have to restock the snails every few months because he likes snacks during the day. It is very hit and miss though, he doesnt touch coral at all, so thats a plus.

Udest

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a green spotted puffer and he occasionally gets a hermit or tso you wo he hasn't gotten the nassarius snails yet , so its likely you'll go through some cleaners.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Aquarium Specialty
Back