Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
has anyone heard of or see a picture of a zoa named cuban turquise or cuban blue or similar?

i purchased a small rock named as cuban turquise mail order tho cant find anything on net with similar name.

heres a picture tho i know its crap as i not got macro yet, centers and lashes are the same turquise blue with a yellow ring around mouth, very sweet and worth the risk to try save.

i got them at a good price (lol seller probably sold cheap cause of poor condition) and as rare as something like this is here in UK i decided to put them under the scalpal and kept them in a QT, i have plenty single polyps that now look healthy whilst the rest perished so can grow new colonies.

Last edited:
Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
B

berns

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the ENIGMA Zoa post halide morph (left picture) is very close but mine is slight different shade of blue

http://www.zoaid.com/index.php?module=Gallery2&g2_itemId=33

ill try get a better picture of a polyp tomorrow as when fully open the polyps are abit lighter then shown in my top picture (they were not fully open then)

Last edited:
Nutramar Foods

Patwa

Zig-Zag pro since '96
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BERNS: ....they are Caribbean zoas for sure...I own a full rock of them! (bought them off of a Cuban coral shipment at my LFS)........i named them Caribbean Blues (but not on Zoaid as yet)

here's the pic

DSC_0171-875.jpg

yours may be a tad different, but they're from the same area, given that your LFS called them "Cuban" :)

Zach

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

berns

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thx for that zac, i asked seller and he said from cuban shipment,
yours are nice rich blue

mine are more turquise and have a very clearly defined quite a sharp edge line light yellow ring of about 2mm thick around a lighter blue/turquise mouth.

i really need a macro camera for this zoa stuff lol

Last edited:
AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
B

berns

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
managed a close up shot of my cubans at last, its still healing from being removed from colony and the darker shade of blue just around outside of yellow ring will lighten up to match the rest of blue.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

berns

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thx Azurel, they are sweet as
i lost half of the small colony to pox/disintigrated but have wat looks like currently 40x healthy single polyps if they all hold up, gonna grow a couple small branch colonies for main tank and the rest are glued to cockle shells, 1x polyp per shell for future frags when they grow out, should be good swap material if all goes well.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Extreme Corals
Back