Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any advice on how I can nurse these guys back to health. I've had them for a couple of years. Started out beautiful then got very greyed and greened out. I already went the Cipro route with no positive turn around. What I've been doing lately is soaking small pieces of salmon in aminos and feeding them several times a week. I segregated them thinking more light would help so they wouldn't hide. I have over 14 anemones in separate systems. Not sure how to return these beautiful creatures back to their Vibrance. I've talked to fish vets etc. Does anyone have any experience with this?

20230329_174601.jpg 20230320_103526.jpg

AquaCave Logo Banner
Nutramar Foods

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had these Nems?

I am old school, I would dose the tank with vitamin C and possibly some focus and metroplex for a day or so to see since you are spot feeding. You could try some reef nutrition's Roe, and Oyster feast to spot feed. I have have my best results with feed ship.

The see what @vetteguy53081 thinks.

Top Shelf Aquatics

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Does anyone have any advice on how I can nurse these guys back to health. I've had them for a couple of years. Started out beautiful then got very greyed and greened out. I already went the Cipro route with no positive turn around. What I've been doing lately is soaking small pieces of salmon in aminos and feeding them several times a week. I segregated them thinking more light would help so they wouldn't hide. I have over 14 anemones in separate systems. Not sure how to return these beautiful creatures back to their Vibrance. I've talked to fish vets etc. Does anyone have any experience with this?

View attachment 3087109 View attachment 3087110
Something changed. Often it will be light or flow and light likely issue especially with noted bleaching. With these nems, you want to avoid the extremes- Extreme flow and light.
Generally when there is too much light , they hide and if unable to, they expel their energy source known as zooxanthellae mistaken as pooping. Too much flow, they move or head for a corner and stay there. Both amount stress and when stressed, they shrivel and do these weird things.
Too little light, they climb towards light and too little flow , they shrink or climb towards powerhead and end up in the pump at times
Food- Mysis or pieces of chopped krill are best. Havent heard of salmon, not that they cant consume it.

OP
OP
D

dantltj

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had these Nems?

I am old school, I would dose the tank with vitamin C and possibly some focus and metroplex for a day or so to see since you are spot feeding. You could try some reef nutrition's Roe, and Oyster feast to spot feed. I have have my best results with feed ship.

The see what @vetteguy53081 thinks.
I've had them for 2 years. I took them out of the tank they were in and put them in one of my other systems thinking maybe some of my torches were bothering them. Could I put the focus in Metroplex directly in their food?

OP
OP
D

dantltj

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something changed. Often it will be light or flow and light likely issue especially with noted bleaching. With these nems, you want to avoid the extremes- Extreme flow and light.
Generally when there is too much light , they hide and if unable to, they expel their energy source known as zooxanthellae mistaken as pooping. Too much flow, they move or head for a corner and stay there. Both amount stress and when stressed, they shrivel and do these weird things.
Too little light, they climb towards light and too little flow , they shrink or climb towards powerhead and end up in the pump at times
Food- Mysis or pieces of chopped krill are best. Havent heard of salmon, not that they cant consume it.
The only thing that changed as far as the tank is I got dinos. I've heard that that's terrible for anemones. My theory is the bad dinos took over their zoo inside of them, out competing the good zoo. My lighting schedule and flow has not changed in this tank since I set it up. I've tried to put the pieces together to figure out how after a couple years this happened? But more importantly how do I fix it?

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
D

dantltj

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say at one point they climbed right in the middle of the flow getting pummeled constantly. They never moved but around that time I got dinos, few months after that started turning green. I had two large csbs about a foot across each. One started turning green slowly then months later the other one did.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had them for 2 years. I took them out of the tank they were in and put them in one of my other systems thinking maybe some of my torches were bothering them. Could I put the focus in Metroplex directly in their food?
Yes.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back