Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking, and I want to revolutionize the hobby and start giving identification numbers to corals and the lineage to help preserve each species

Soooooooo, it would be the AKC of the reef? Maybe we call it American Reef Club, or ARC.

And those that don’t follow the lineage would be like mutts of the wet-world.

Ok. Sorry. Just having a little fun, but also considering the effort and organization (e.g. AKC, NTRC) it would require as well as the need to deal with the “outcasts and misfits”.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooooooo, it would be the AKC of the reef? Maybe we call it American Reef Club, or ARC.

And those that don’t follow the lineage would be like mutts of the wet-world.

Ok. Sorry. Just having a little fun, but also considering the effort and organization (e.g. AKC, NTRC) it would require as well as the need to deal with the “outcasts and misfits”.
If you ever need fake doc's for ARC, I have a friend of a friend, who's uncle can duplicate. Hit me up.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Robert McCreary

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
who will run the certs, who will be on call to authorize a pedigree for each and every cut frag from a numbered/registered coral? It works for mammals because we can do dna testing to register a pure breed with a lost lineage. with coral I doubt we will be able to keep up with the demands and false registry or denied registry would be a huge issue. if the system works so be it but I cant imagine it to work out too well.

AquaCave Logo Banner

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish the vendors would give the scientific name when they sold it. Do you think they know or care?

Wwc does if requested and some if their corals do have a unique lineage/history behind them such as, wwc pink duster

AS
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Bulk Reef Supply
Back