Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. So question for you all. In past setups I've always had clownfish, and they have always played nice with all other fish that i had. However, in my current setup i have two clownfish who are psycho violent. It's like they wake up every morning and choose violence. It doesn't matter what fish i put in the tank they always go after them, even if the other fish(s) are larger. The only fish they seem to play nice with are my cardinals. Right now i just added some fire fish gobies and, which I've had in prior tanks with clownfish and never had an issue. However, again they are attacking them. I know other clownfish, like tomatoes, can be aggressive, but I've never had this issue with regular clownfish. Anyone else have (had) this problem?

Nutramar Foods

Quietman

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, had a single clown - female naturally. Added a tang and clown started aggressively attacking it - removing scales. Left other fish alone so it was just some new fish territoriality thing I suspect. Took clown fish out into another tank (10 gallon tank I had used for QT at one point). After a few weeks put the clown back into the main tank and she's been a model, peaceful citizen ever since (6 months or more now).

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
Dr. Peter Venkman

Dr. Peter Venkman

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, had a single clown - female naturally. Added a tang and clown started aggressively attacking it - removing scales. Left other fish alone so it was just some new fish territoriality thing I suspect. Took clown fish out into another tank (10 gallon tank I had used for QT at one point). After a few weeks put the clown back into the main tank and she's been a model, peaceful citizen ever since (6 months or more now).
Unfortunately, i don't think I will be able to catch the clownfish to take them out.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a pair that killed anything that went into my 210g tank. So, they were rehomed. They had been in a 29g and were fully mated pair, so the aggression was no big surprise really. But in a full 7ft 210g tank it did surprise me a bit. They got a great home out of it though.

OP
OP
Dr. Peter Venkman

Dr. Peter Venkman

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a pair that killed anything that went into my 210g tank. So, they were rehomed. They had been in a 29g and were fully mated pair, so the aggression was no big surprise really. But in a full 7ft 210g tank it did surprise me a bit. They got a great home out of it though.
Weird, such a big tank for them to act like that

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Printed Reef - Custom Reef Accessories
Back