Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have totally become addicted to this hobby and LOVE zoas. I just purchased a few frags and LOVE them, BUT my clean up hermit crabs keep walking right over to my little frags and flipping them upside-down, off of my LR, and hiding them in caves.

What the heck?

Should I glue the little frags onto bigger pieces of rocks so they can't be tipped over?

The worst time is when I put any food-type item in the tank. The crabs must smell it and they come running to the front of the tank and go nuts, flipping stuff over (all my frags) and poking at each other.

What to do?.......

Thanks, Keri

AS
BRS
OP
OP
keri2000

keri2000

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to try that. I like to have the frags in the sand, so I am going to glue the little pieces onto bigger pieces and bury them deep. I have even tried wedging the small pieces into crevaces in the live rock, but those crabs are determined to flip them over and move them. It looked like a mini-hurricane hit this morning. All of my "trees" were knocked over! Little jerks. They are cute though.

BRS

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize this won't work for everyone, but in my nano I have been slowly adding the frags of zoas I want to keep in there. I've drained just about all the water into 5 gallon buckets, then dried the spot on teh rock I wanted to glue them too. And then filled it back up with the same water. Since I'm taking out all the water I decided not to do a water change at the same time as I thought it might add more stress.

I've never had much luck with frags and epoxy, or supergluing underwater.

Seems like alot of work but if it works for the 14 cube...well....it works.... :)

Steve

AS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Corals.com
Back