Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I first bought my tank and rushed to get everything I needed a few weeks ago. I hadn’t quite gotten the water to the parameters I needed for guppies, and thank god for that— because the paint on this aquarium Gary decoration that my family wanted me to put in it totally dissolved :(. I hadn’t noticed because I had been adding tetra safe balance and dechlorinator a lot as my water evaporated, but eventually my mom noticed it was really cloudy and I took another look at it. And then I noticed . I immediately did a full water change and I’m going to thoroughly rinse the substrate, I’m so mad though— I had finally gotten the water to stay a consistent temperature and the hardness was going up :,(. But my question is, should I worry about dissolved paint being in the filter cartridge? Will I need to change the cartridge? I wasn’t planning on having to get a replacement filter cartridge for another month

Avast

shakacuz

5000 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
change the cartridge eventually. continue cycling tank. put some carbon or poly filter in the tank, and maybe a water change if you're willing.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Dinkins Aquatic Gardens
Back