Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m setting up a 125gallon saltwater tank, Ive had a lot of success with freshwater now I’m trying my luck at saltwater I have done a lot of research and I have everything I need as far as equipment/rocks/sand etc I believe. But I can’t seem to find much help as far as livestock goes for a 125 gallon tank I don’t want to over do it and plan to eventually add soft corals. All the videos and forums I find are for smaller tanks or much larger tanks. Can the more experienced here help me with a list of fish and invertebrates they would use for a 125gallon tank. I would like to stick to mostly fish/invertebrates that are beneficial to reef tanks. But non beneficial ones I’m fine with to as long as they won’t make a lot of bio load. Any help will be very appreciated

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Kremis

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey when I was first getting started out, I used liveaquaria.com to pick my fish as they have a nice little box that has all their information (aggressiveness, reef safe, minimum tank size, etc) that made it easy to pick peaceful reef safe fish for my tank.

El_Guapo13

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!
giphy.gif

As already stated, Live Aquaria is a good website to go to for quick facts on various species of fish and inverts.

Also, for inverts, specifically Clean Up Crew, you can go to the Reef Cleaners website to purchase one of their cleaner packages.

https://reefcleaners.org/aquarium-store/cleaner-packages-with-free-shipping

Otherwise, if you have specific questions about one species or another, just ask here and I am sure someone will answer you.

But some general rules
1) Damsels can be aggressive, some extremely so.
2) Basslets will be territorial with each other, but with a tank that size you should have plenty of room for a few to be happy.
3) Dottybacks are fairly aggressive, almost as bad as damsels
4) some wrasse species will be aggressive to all other wrasse species, so it is best to consult the following thread if you want more than one wrasse species
5) you will at some point get hitchhikers, some of which have natural control methods, as in other animals that are reef safe and will eat the unwanted pests. For instance, wrasses will eat worms, and other small pests. Likewise, Peppermint Shrimp will eat the much maligned Aiptasia Anemones that come into your tank. However, some of these animals might also snack on your corals or CUC, so choose your natural control critters wisely.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Gluemasters - your best choice for CA super glue
Back