Coraline in one tank and not the other?

dpfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two tanks running, one grows coraline like crazy and the other has none. I bought both tanks second hand, both were well established when I got them. I recently finished putting everything I want into one tank. Lots of rock from the coraline tank into the one with none. We'll see if it keeps growing on the rocks. The parameters of both tanks are very similar. One major difference is the tank with all the coraline is dosed with BRS two part and the one with none is dosed with All for Reef. That's just what the previous owners were doing so I kept it up. The alk and calcium are the same. I don't hate not having to scrape coraline of the glass but it just seems like a healthy tank should have it?? I'm fairly new to all this and would love to hear your thoughts.
20240825_113732.jpg
20240821_175324.jpg

shcrimps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dose AFR and have coraline all over
if the coral is happy i see no issue other than i like colorful rocks so much i seek out ones with cool stuff on them already lol

FindingNem0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking tanks btw. You'll have to seed the tank with no coraline. Some tanks just grow them like crazy and others don't.

For example my first reef tank I didn't see any coraline algae till about the 10 month mark, while my 20g nano had after 2months.

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank had no signs of Coraline for almost a year, but then one week it just started rapidly growing coraline.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two tanks running, one grows coraline like crazy and the other has none. I bought both tanks second hand, both were well established when I got them. I recently finished putting everything I want into one tank. Lots of rock from the coraline tank into the one with none. We'll see if it keeps growing on the rocks. The parameters of both tanks are very similar. One major difference is the tank with all the coraline is dosed with BRS two part and the one with none is dosed with All for Reef. That's just what the previous owners were doing so I kept it up. The alk and calcium are the same. I don't hate not having to scrape coraline of the glass but it just seems like a healthy tank should have it?? I'm fairly new to all this and would love to hear your thoughts.
20240825_113732.jpg
20240821_175324.jpg

Are all of the husbandry practices identical, such as skimming, refugium, dosing, lighting etc.?

OP
OP
D

dpfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are all of the husbandry practices identical, such as skimming, refugium, dosing, lighting etc.?
Thank you for the replies. Both tanks have XR30 lights one pro and one blue, both have protein skimmer and UV sterilizer running. I just started a refugium in the primary tank but it hasn't really got going yet.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back