Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If one coral touches the other, who's sting is going to do more damage to the other coral?

Bosses acro got crept up on by some GSP and showing some bleaching.

I was also gone for a few days due to an emergency and nobody dosed the tank. (We have no auto doser) But I wanted to rule out coral warfare first.

World Wide Corals

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
If one coral touches the other, who's sting is going to do more damage to the other coral?

Bosses acro got crept up on by some GSP and showing some bleaching.

I was also gone for a few days due to an emergency and nobody dosed the tank. (We have no auto doser) But I wanted to rule out coral warfare first.
GSP does not sting - only covers and invades nearby coral- still separate if you can

BRS
OP
OP
DannoOMG

DannoOMG

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I easily separated it but I am pretty sure my parameters dipped and killed it. I wasn't able to do my normal dosing for 3+ days cause of vacation and I had a medical emergency in the family. If the business was close by I would baby it but it gets whatever attention I can give it. (he doesn't have a sump and doesn't have an auto dosser)

It's the only SPS frag in the tank. It's mostly dominated by softies. It was actually growing since he had it in the tank in July I think, but just this afternoon I noticed half of it was dead. Pretty sure it is a goner.

I didn't know he was going to buy it from Ora when he got it. Who am I to tell him what to get? But I emphasized that those corals aren't user friendly. I'm surprised it lasted in his tank as long as it did.

I just wanted to wrap my head around what did it in. I'm not too broken up about it.

I spent $30 on a small acro frag and $15 on a small monti frag just to see if I could do it. So far I have had growth much to my surprise. Not sure how long it will keep going but what the heck.

That acro cost him $60.

TCK Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NY
Back