Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got two new soft corals today and the one has shrunk up all the way. When I first added it, it expanded and was looking great. Then a few hours later I went to check and saw it all shrunken up. Any reason why?? image.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0360.MOV
    33.9 MB
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Corals.com
AquaCave Logo Banner

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can’t really remember, this is what it looked like when I first added it. And it got a lot bigger than this
Most soft corals are very forgiving give it time to adjust at least a week

Tired

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You do have to have an appropriate light, enough nutrients, and no poisons in the water. It's probably just annoyed at being moved.

You'll probably want to put it on a small rock on the sand, to make it harder for it to spread. Most soft corals of that shape spread very fast and should be contained on a rock island to keep them from engulfing your entire rockscape.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
H

Hetts

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do have to have an appropriate light, enough nutrients, and no poisons in the water. It's probably just annoyed at being moved.

You'll probably want to put it on a small rock on the sand, to make it harder for it to spread. Most soft corals of that shape spread very fast and should be contained on a rock island to keep them from engulfing your entire rockscape.
It’s currently on a rock by itself, will probably keep it by itself most the time. May move it in future. I used some reef glue so not sure how easy it’ll be to move it again lol

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back