Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking for help on what corals i should place based on par mapping. Tank is a year old I currently have a frogspawn and gold tip torch. There’s a big coral event next weekend near me that i’ll be attending so i figured i could get some help selecting which corals go look for.
image.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics

mike550

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking for help on what corals i should place based on par mapping. Tank is a year old I currently have a frogspawn and gold tip torch. There’s a big coral event next weekend near me that i’ll be attending so i figured i could get some help selecting which corals go look for. View attachment 3038507
Tidal garden has a great website with lots of corals and suggestion for flow and PAR. That would be a great resource for you.

Corals.com

Tidal Gardens

Coral Farm
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While it isn't as simple as saying SPS = high light, LPS = medium light, and Soft corals = Low light, we know that there are multiple corals in each category that favor different lighting. For instance, Leptoseris, although it is an SPS coral it will do best under medium-low light. A soft coral like the Fiji Yellow Leather will look its best under the most light you can possibly give it. I would say that branching SPS like Acropora, Stylophora and Bird's Nest will do well in your higher light areas whereas Micromussa, Euphyllia, Favia, and most other LPS will like the middle of your tank, and the area on the bottom middle. Most Soft corals like mushrooms, toadstools, and others will enjoy the lower end of the light on the sides of your tank. Just keep in mind that although the light might be ok for that type of coral, the other major aspect to consider is if the flow is ok in that area as well for that coral.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
ACC
Back