Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone buy coral packs? I’m on my first tanks in 15 years. Back then corals were nothing like they are now.

Does anyone buy them? I’m thinking of starting with a softie pack of 10 or 20 for my 5gal office and 90gal main tanks. The main tank will hopefully be a mixed reef so SPS and LPS are in my future.

If you do buy coral packs who do you buy from and have you been impressed or disappointed?

Thanks!

Billy

Avast
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

BigBundee69

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone buy coral packs? I’m on my first tanks in 15 years. Back then corals were nothing like they are now.

Does anyone buy them? I’m thinking of starting with a softie pack of 10 or 20 for my 5gal office and 90gal main tanks. The main tank will hopefully be a mixed reef so SPS and LPS are in my future.

If you do buy coral packs who do you buy from and have you been impressed or disappointed?

Thanks!

Billy
World wide corals are super nice

Pistondog

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks!

Billy
Bought from aquasd. Sps and lps. They always add afew extra, but you get mostly the common types.
1/2 the cost of your pick corals.

ナイトコア猫

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks!

Billy

I bought from and love Battlecorals and WWC. Adam from Battlecorals is super nice :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes::D They're mostly SPS, but it helps to plan ahead. https://battlecorals.com/collections/signature-battle-corals .. the photography is also amazing, and you can pick what kind of lighting the frags you buy were grown under. I would save this for when your tank is ready.

Softie packs—-I've never bought any before.

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys have pics of what you’ve received? Thanks for the responses so far! Has anyone received softie packs? How are the color variations?

Billy
Softies I recommend Pablo Marine farmers.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Madison Reef

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys have pics of what you’ve received? Thanks for the responses so far! Has anyone received softie packs? How are the color variations?

Billy
Battlecoral carries mostly sps. When you buy a battlebox (or battleboxes cause once you buy from battlecoral, you will buy more than once for sure lol) you set the price, quantity, and quality. You can let him know what kind of species/color/difficulty for your pack and he does a great job of tailoring "random" pack for you. For my first order, I let him know what colors/species I wanted, and for the second order, I let him specific corals I wanted. It's a great deal for sps order.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Chasers Aquaculture
Back