Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it is closed it looks like a chalice, but when open the heads look like a blasto. I showed these pics to my local reef shop and they say blasto, some people on reef2reef suggested chalice. Besides the shape of the heads, nothing else to me says blasto. The frag is on a 3/4 inch diameter plug so the frag itself is tiny. I just have never seen a blasto that doesn't have any sign of a skeleton like this one.

Have yall ever seen a blasto like this? The heads look like miniature blastomussa merletti heads.

20220710_185511.jpg 20220710_185615.jpg Screenshot_20220711-211743_Photos.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics
Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it is closed it looks like a chalice, but when open the heads look like a blasto. I showed these pics to my local reef shop and they say blasto, some people on reef2reef suggested chalice. Besides the shape of the heads, nothing else to me says blasto. The frag is on a 3/4 inch diameter plug so the frag itself is tiny. I just have never seen a blasto that doesn't have any sign of a skeleton like this one.

Have yall ever seen a blasto like this? The heads look like miniature blastomussa merletti heads.
This seems to really be causing you distress... I think you should send it to me. I'll do this for you, no need to thank me ;)

Nutramar Foods

Kasrift

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Never said they didn't but you will clearly see individual heads on the skeleton like a hammer but tiny, you know? I won't grow like a mat with polyps randomly on it like this coral presents.
I ran across this thread after it has been open for awhile, but I say blasto. People often forget that Indo blastos are different than Aussie blastos which have a more visible skeleton. Indo blastos can start small, but grow flatter to a rock surface and get larger in the long run and they can come in more striking colors.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aquatic Life TDS Pen Offer
Back