Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed my corals zooplankton, phytoplankton, and reef chili on an alternating schedule. So to be clear one week I use zooplankton. The next week I use phytoplankton. And the third week I use reef chili. My coral seem happy and thriving so I will continue doing this as well as dosing trace elements in the tank every two weeks. I gues my question is am I going overboard. I was a very avid reefer six years ago and a tank crash made me take a break. I got back into it and a lot has changed in six years. Im wondering if I am just giving my coral the same things with different labeling or am I doing a benifit to my coral.

Avast

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, I think that's probably actually light compared to some systems. I dose ReefEnergy AB+, liquid plankton and Absolute Aminos daily; Reef Roids, Instant Plankton, LPS power and Coral Nectar are twice a week. Every 2 weeks I add Iodone, Strontium and Active Elements.

bruno3047

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed my corals zooplankton, phytoplankton, and reef chili on an alternating schedule. So to be clear one week I use zooplankton. The next week I use phytoplankton. And the third week I use reef chili. My coral seem happy and thriving so I will continue doing this as well as dosing trace elements in the tank every two weeks. I gues my question is am I going overboard. I was a very avid reefer six years ago and a tank crash made me take a break. I got back into it and a lot has changed in six years. Im wondering if I am just giving my coral the same things with different labeling or am I doing a benifit to my coral.
If you have a sand bed, make sure you clean it regularly to avoid another tank crash.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

90's reefer

Fight the Good Fight
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose trace daily. I only feed the fish in all 3 systems.
10% WC a month.
This seems to work well for me and no3 runs 1 po4 runs .05.
I feed heavy so the corals do get food from that.
The only coral I feed is my 1 scoly in my frag system.
Pretry simple and basic and has worked well for my systems.
My 120.
20220121_163340.jpg

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Deltec
Back