+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I recently purchased coral online during a reef2reef sale and it was WYSIWYG. The colors of the corals did not match the coloring in their photos. Is it a lighting thing? I am running the AI Prime with the BR+ spectrum from BRSTv video. The gonipora was blue with green tips and it is light green with green tips. Any ideas on getting the deep blue coloring?

Brian

AD01E864-CAE7-4EA4-BF29-E8F020A2FDB5.jpeg

dedragon

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you post a picture of the coral from the vendor? Most of the time though it is due to the heavy actinic lighting used and color filters. Sometimes they also alter the picture after using software.

Most likely it is a light green or slight purple with green tipped goniopora blasted with blue light to trick buyers unfortunately

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Mystersynyster

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I have found it to be very rare that a coral I see and buy online looks the same when I receive it. With that being said, sometimes I will see some of the colors come back with time. Unless you run exact lighting and spectrum always expect a variance. Be patient though and let the coral settle in, it may surprise you

Top Shelf Aquatics

Pistondog

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I recently purchased coral online during a reef2reef sale and it was WYSIWYG. The colors of the corals did not match the coloring in their photos. Is it a lighting thing? I am running the AI Prime with the BR+ spectrum from BRSTv video. The gonipora was blue with green tips and it is light green with green tips. Any ideas on getting the deep blue coloring?

Brian

View attachment 3057600
You could run an all blue spectrum on your AI as a test to see the 'original' colors.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unfortunately that isnt what any goniopora would look like. I tend to stay away from vendors that obviously fake what a coral looks like, Joeknowsreefs used to be one of the worst offenders. Extreme corals also does this

CLICK TO VIEW
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Big Sale !! UP To 50% OFF !! On Fish Antibiotics
Back