Coral Beauty with abrasion? (Should I be concerned?)

Orange_guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

New to the hobby and just noticed an issue with this fish that I received from my LFS just yesterday. It looks like this could be a cut or abrasion on it's side? This is only on one side and the fish isn't behaving abnormally. I can't recall if I noticed this on the fish yesterday or if it happened after adding it to the tank. I have one bristletooth tang that is being territorial of its location but not really biting or being overly aggressive, usually just body checks the other fish out of its space and everyone goes on about their day.

My main concern is that I haven't introduced anything new into my tank and could put my other fish at risk and if there is anything I should do to treat this issue.

Thanks in advance!!

IMG_4504.jpeg IMG_4505.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hey Everyone,

New to the hobby and just noticed an issue with this fish that I received from my LFS just yesterday. It looks like this could be a cut or abrasion on it's side? This is only on one side and the fish isn't behaving abnormally. I can't recall if I noticed this on the fish yesterday or if it happened after adding it to the tank. I have one bristletooth tang that is being territorial of its location but not really biting or being overly aggressive, usually just body checks the other fish out of its space and everyone goes on about their day.

My main concern is that I haven't introduced anything new into my tank and could put my other fish at risk and if there is anything I should do to treat this issue.

Thanks in advance!!

While this should heal on its own, keep an eye on it for soreness or redness. Should this occur, place in separate tank and treat with seachem neoplex or kanaplex
You can safeguard it now using ruby rally pro which is coral and invert safe

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

Thanks in advance!!

A vertical lesion like that, on this species could possibly be Uronema, an internal protozoan disease. However, I can see some rippled fins and those line up with an injury.

Here is an article about Uronema though:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back