Coral Beauty possible in 32 gallon Biocube?

Fishbro

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I am just going through the stocking of my to be 32 gallon Biocube tank and I have what I feel like a really debated question. Is it possible to keep a Coral Beauty in a 32 gallon tank? The total stock of the tank would be a pair of Clownfish and the Coral Beauty if even possible. It will also be a future (hopefully if all goes well) reef tank with lots of easy to keep coral like Zoanthids, Leather, Polyps, or Mushroom Corals. I am open to all advice and well aware that it may totally not viable to keep angelfish in a tank that size but if there is anyway to do it I would love to keep one.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a Pygmy angel like a flameback. They stay smaller and generally pick at the rocks. That would probably be the max fish I would put in there though, the cube shape doesn’t give a lot of territory.

BRS

Jono1487

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re going to do it, look into purchasing a tank bread Coral Beauty. Based on my experience you’ll have better luck with a tank bread fish in a smaller tank than with one from the ocean.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't put a coral beauty in anything under a Reefer250 sized tank... 3'x2' foot print. The pygmy angel technically would be ok, but are really aggressive and could cause issues with other livestock in a 30 gallon tank. Some do, some don't.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tampa Bay Saltwater Live Rock and Live Sand
Back